Today we see customers, falling into 2 main categories.
- The majority use AutoCAD and layout their manufacturing facilities in 2D.
- The rest use CAD systems to create 3D factory layouts, as they clearly understand the importance of 3D.
However, current software is extremely expensive and not affordable by most companies. Customers using these current systems to do factory layouts run into a number of issues.
Problems can be overlooked and difficult to interpret in 2D
Difficult to generate Service Manuals
Spend a lot of time drawing Elevation Views
Wasted time doing manual tape measurements
Inability to detect clashes easily in 2D
Clearance requirements for energised electrical work
- Working with large assemblies.
- Being able to visualize large complex models.
- Working with data from differnt packages.